Ready to become a Civic Health Partner?
Here’s what it means to be a Civic Health Month Partner:
Civic Health Month is a celebration of civic engagement and health. We invite you to join our growing team of partners in this celebration.
If you are a hospital, we ask that you take these actions:
- Encourage your providers to sign up for Healthy Democracy Kits
- Display the VotER Digital voter registration link on your home page
- Ask your teams to adopt the Safe Voting Email Signature until election day
- Send an Email Blast and Social Media Post announcing Civic Health Month during the first week in August, using provided templates
- Promote Patient Voting materials to help patients vote while inpatient
- Use Med out The Vote to explore setting up a student run voter registration drive
If you are a provider association, we ask that you take these actions:
- Send an Email Blast and Social Media Post announcing Civic Health Month to your members during the first week in August, using templates that we will provide
- Invite your members to add the Safe Voting Email Signature until election day
- Encourage your members to sign up for Healthy Democracy Kits
- Encourage your members to register to vote by posting a VotER Digital voter registration link on your home page
If you are a voter access organization, we ask that you take these actions:
- Support: Use your networks to promote and expand awareness of Civic Health Month
- Provide expertise: We are in this voter registration effort together. We want to share best practices to help us all make the most of our voter registration efforts
- Share connections: We are seeking to build a big tent and welcome connections across the healthcare provider and voter registration landscape
- Co-create a calendar: Thousands of health care providers across the country and dozens of hospitals will be tuned into the calendar of events for civic health month. Do you have an idea for a civic engagement themed action healthcare providers can take? Let’s partner and feature your organization.
If you don’t fit neatly into the groups above…
- Contact us. We can find unique ways to work together!
Additionally, consider these actions to deepen your engagement:
- Send pre-drafted text message reminders created by Civic Health Month staff to your patients to encourage them to register
- Recruit more partner organizations to Civic Health Month
- Amplify our reach via your social media platforms
- Assign an executive champion to be your organization’s public face of Civic Health Month
- Consider donating Healthy Democracy Kits for health care providers across the country
“We’re trying to bring resources to patients, both medical and non-medical, so that we can help our communities be healthier.”– Dr. Elizabeth Datner, Chair of Department of Emergency Medicine, Einstein Hospital, Philadelphia